CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Guild wars 2 crashes when I try to run it

The app crashes when I try to run it, I installed it fine, and can run the installer but when I hit "play" it crashes, help?

It’s works very well for me.
I play gw2 on Mac mini m1 with 16 go.
It’s works with med settings with cross over 21 on Mac OS Monterey.

If you use Mac OS Ventura beta, you have to use cross over 22.

well that's great that it runs for you, however I can't get it to run when I hit "play", thanks for not helping. I'm on Monterey 12.5

Please be polite :)

Please provide some further information, like kind of win bottle you choose and created, the version was 32 or 64 bits? Your computer details? Did you install Directx for modern games in the same bottle as I feel is a prerequisite to run that game?

Yes I did all of that, I chose windows 10 64 bit, I have an M1 max studio Mac, latest version of crossover and chose to install direct-x, it just says encountered serious error, send report button

Try out enabling these:

High Resolution Mode
Performance Enhanced Graphics
DXVK Backend for D3D11

If the problem still exists try to right click on the crossover shortcut, select “run with options” and the run leaving blank the options text.

that worked thanks

Sorry for you man…

But as it’s said, you didn’t gave any information about your setup..!

I Just tried to give you some ways to help you about your problem and confirm this game runs without any problem, as with the last version of crossover / Mac OS…

But you seems to be a little bit an eternal dissatisfied, proud and avid…!

So plz, next time, try to give more informations to us as we’ll could help as better as we can your majesty..

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFdkNVRRenlrUXFucHAzUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9