CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam not showing web content

Hi,

I'm running Crossover Version 22.0~b2 (22.0.0.35436) and following a Steam update, the web content of Steam isn't showing anymore. I see Store, Library, I can access the pulldown menus, but I can't see my library or go to the store to download games.

I'm on MacOS 12.5.1 on an M1 Max and Steam says Build: Aug 17 2022, at 11:27:59. Steam API v020

Since different OS' can use different browsers, perhaps Steam is having a tough time detecting with browser to use because of CrossOver 😅

I just had a big brain moment, try setting your bottle's default browser to different browsers and see if it works

Renee Tan wrote:

Since different OS' can use different browsers, perhaps Steam is having a tough time detecting with browser to use because of CrossOver 😅

Steam use the CEF browser engine (that it provides), the problem here is for some dumb reason sometimes the Steam hacks don’t get injected causing the Steam Store/Library/etc to not function.

My mistake, thanks for the correction.

Hi there,

First of all, all beta issues should be reported in a beta report, not posted in a forum. If it's posted anywhere but a beta report, there's a chance it will be missed.

Second, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Do you see the same thing if you go back to CrossOver 21.2? Are you using the Steam beta client?

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

First of all, all beta issues should be reported in a beta report, not posted in a forum. If it's posted anywhere but a beta report, there's a chance it will be missed.

Second, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Do you see the same thing if you go back to CrossOver 21.2? Are you using the Steam beta client?

Best,
Meredith

Can’t say I’d personally tested Steam much in CX22, but I can say this also happens in prior releases also (and had reported it around CX21)

After subsequent launches randomly it seems the Steam hacks no longer get injected into Steam.exe, the cef related hacks still get injected.

I’ve long been manually setting the steam hacks launch options when launching Steam.exe and that resolved the problem.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGROeGdkemN3OWRGWmRrWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9