CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Possible Bug in version 22

DDO, Dungeons and Dragons Online runs great with version 21. It doesn't run with version 22, instead the launcher comes back with a "Could not resolve CreatePatchClient" error.

I dug the previous version (Version 21.2 (21.2.0.33926)) out of the trash and ran it, DDO works perfectly. So the issue must lie with version 22 somewhere.

Not sure if this helps at all, but I didn't do a re-install, I simply ran Crossover 21, it said it needed to update the bottles, then started up and ran. It does appear to use the new version of WINE since the DDO launcher shows a nice smooth blue progress bar instead of the old gray box progress bar. I did switch back and forth between Crossover 22 and Crossover 21 and it really is that Crossover 22 gets the error and Crossover 21 does not. No other difference, it's the same files used for the game itself.

Hi folks,

Our QA team isn't seeing this issue. I have a couple of suggestions for things to try. First, please check the game client to make sure you're using the 64-bit (not the 32-bit). If that doesn't help, please see if a fresh install on CrossOver 22 works. Again, we didn't need to do a fresh install to get it working internally, but hopefully that works as a last resort.

Best,
Meredith

I'm puzzled as to why version 21 works and version 22 doesn't when it's the SAME installation for the game. It's not a copy.

But if I find myself with a few hours to spare I can try to install the game into a new bottle in 22. But I expect it will fail.

I used the same installer I used before into a new bottle in Crossover 22. After a hiccup where it failed to install DirectX (which I expected, it doesn't work in Windows 10 64bit and it didn't under Crossover 20 either) it installed over night.

Now it is working in the new bottle. I don't know why it should work there and not in the other one (which still works in 21) but I guess a fix is a fix.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSndLSGJHVDJGNlUyRXJxUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9