CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

internet explorer

i have an intel macbook. i need to access a web site from my mac at home for my job that requires me to use the windows version of internet explorer (ActiveX required). i have been trying to avoid installing windows on my mac. someone told me tonight at an apple store that using crossover mac, i could accomplish my goal. before i purchase it, does anyone know if it will work, and if so, how do i set it up? THANK YOU. Frank

Yes it work- version 6.0 of Internet Explorer.

Just download the trial version off CrossOver and after installing it, launch it and Select "Install software" from the Configure Menu where a list of applications including IE will be available for you. Just select that and CrossOver will download it from the web and install it for you.

Thanks. I am having some issues with getting Java installed into IE. A very helpful forum user is assisting me. Hopefully we get it up and running OK and then I will gladly purchase this product.

hi frank, did you have any luck installing java? Thanks, Quint

I helped Frank with this and it is now all sorted. We got Java running fine too. Only issue that remained unresolved (it wasn't that important in this case) was that IE bombed out when we tried to print——some persistence would likely deal with that too.

Let me know if you would like a hand.

Guy

How did you get Java installed - correctly... I installed it and apps still don't write to the browser.

The way I found to get Java installed was:

Install Java 6 to work with IE6
1) Visit http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp and download the latest java standalone .exe installer.
2) Open Crossover and select IE6 from the Install Software list and do an install of IE6 into a new Win98 bottle.
4) Have Crossover show all packs and dependencies, then install Windows Installer 2.0 Redistributable into the Win98 bottle.
5) Do an unsupported install of the java standalone .exe into the win98 bottle. Choose Advanced install and check to install everything locally.
6) Fire up IE6 and visit (http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp) to make sure Java works.

Andrew,
I am very new to MAC (one day) and bought crossover because I do not want to use windows. When I download JRE it asks for what OS, do I select windows?
I have also registered to help with windows terminal services client testing.

Tom

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidm5DV1B4Uk5IR3VmY2NxNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9