CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Internet Explorer -- how do I enable cookies?

I was super-psyched when I found out about this program because certain things only run on Internet Explorer -- now, I need to enable cookies and since the is no windows toolbar, how can I do this? I tried the security option in the bottom toolbar of IE but it did have that option. Ideas?

thank you!

Should be Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Set to Medium>Click OK.

I have the same issue. I have no menu bar, so no tool/options/etc. Instead of where that should be is one long black bar with the IE blue "E" icon in the center.

I did manage to double-click the bottom right corner of the window and add the site I need to use as a trusted site, and set the security to "low" which allows cookies, but it doesn't matter I still get messages from websites that cookies aren't enabled.

I.e. when I go to microsoft live (not that I choose to, its what MS moved their default IE page to), it redirects to an error that cookies are diabled. If I go to our company's Outlook Web Access page, it redirects to a cookie's-disabled page. Any sites I log into seem to lose my login between page clicks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidThBVmFBVDZLdWMzUDkyTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9