CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

UK Locale Settings Overridden

I'm UK user trying to run an old version of Quicken (2004) - later versions no longer cater for UK.
It installs fine as unsupported software in a win98 bottle and the program seems to work ok so far. The only problem is that dates are in US format.
I've set my LANG to "en_GB.UTF-8" and I've also used regedit to set the registry as I think it should be. However, none of these things seems to work. Furthermore any changes I make to the registry seem to be overridden whenever I reboot, and revert to US settings.
I've also tried setting environment variables in cxbottle.conf and running quicken from the command line. If I put invalid stuff for LANG and LC_ALL then a perl module tells me it's reverting to default locale "C". When I use "LANG" = "en_GB" and "LC_ALL" = "en_GB" they seem to be accepted, but they do not affect the registry and they do not result in Quicken giving UK dates.
Any ideas what's going wrong ?

Probably a stupid question, but all of this is set to UK locale in System Prefs>International>Formats ?

The environment for OSX is set as you suggest and it's all exactly as I want. The trouble is CrossOver doesn't seem to take any notice of it. Even when I set things explicitly (as I described in my first post) the settings seem to be ignored.

I too am encountering exactly the same issue with Steve. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZk5hY0hlSzc5SGZVSm5XSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9