CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Excel 2007 can't save XLSM with macros

Hello,

I am running Crossover 7 on a Macbook with Mac OS 10.5.4.

I installed MS Office 2007 (German), because I need to do a Macro Enabled Excel file (that works on Windows with no need to make work arounds, tricks whatsoever) and there are a few things that need to be done as Macros or VBA code.

When I try to save the file, I get an error message from Office, saying that it can't save it and after a few attempts I get an error message saying that the file was broken and it has been recovered. The macros are of course gone. The detailled error messages are written below.

Can please somebody help me? Can this be solved or should I try some other way to get Office 2007 running on my Mac?

Many thanks in advance

Pedro

--- Error Messages:
I am translating them from German, so the text might not be accurately the same as in the English version of Office.

First error message:
There was an error while saving the file [FILE PATH]. The file can be saved by deleting or repairing some Features. Click "Continue" to repair in a new file. Click "Cancel" to stop the saving process.
[Conitnue] [Cancel]

A Save dialog box opens. I try to save with the same name or with a different.

Second error message:
There was an error while saving. A minimal part of the File in [FILE PATH] could be saved.
[OK]

Third error message:
Error while saving [FILE NAME].xlsm. The File could be saved by removing or repairing the features listed below:
"The file was so damaged that it couldn't be repaired. Excel tried to save the formula and values. However, some data may be lost or damaged"
Click here to open the Log file of the repair process: [HYPERLINK]
[CLOSE]

I tried to open the log file, but the link doesn't trigger anything.

Macros and VBscript are really messed up in Excel right now and I don't think any document with those in it is going to save correctly.

I just downloaded Crossover for Mac. I was unable to use or enable the macros on an exel 2007 spreadsheet. Must I do something to correct this or doesn't Crossover support this?

Don LaVoie

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM05mNjVnZkZLc3F5VWs4UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9