CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

32 Bit Display

Im in university and i want to use some software for watching TV called freewire

Ive installed it fine but when i come to launch it in crossover it says

"Please set the colour depth to 32-bit in the control panel and restart the application"

how do i do this in crossover?

Chris

If your Mac display depth is set to 24-bit or 32-bit, Crossover should take care of this automatically. To check you'll need to go to System Preferences, Displays, and set the Color. There isn't really a change that you can make in Crossover, it's all back-end tweaking. This problem (that is, Windows Applications not recognizing the proper color depth, which is caused by a difference in the way that the Mac OS reports the depth) was fixed in current versions of Crossover, but as this is an unsupported application it may have different requirements that Crossover doesn't yet handle.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2tWTkxHSEhZRWFXVzZ4eiIsImdkcHIiOjB9