CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE6/Win98 Bottle: WindowsSBS2003 Remote Web Workplace ActiveX not working

Hi,

As a trial user, after having a good look through all the other online doco, this forum seems to be my only recourse?

I'm trying to use the Remote Web Workplace facility of Windows Small Business Server 2003, which is an IIS-hosted service, which allows remote users to connect to their desktop PCs via a Remote Desktop conection in IE, which needs an ActiveX version of MS's Remote Desktop Connection app.

I created a new (my first) bottle for IE6 (which automatically made it a Win98 bottle), went to the RWW website (and successfully installed its self-signed SSL cert), went to the page where you choose which desktop client to connect to, it prompted me to install the ActiveX control, I said yes, no errors, then tried to connect to a client - then IE6 crashed. Rebooted the bottle, same problem. I ran a bunch of WindowsUpdates, rebooted, tried again, same problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Anthony.

deafened by the silence here. i guess my question falls into the 50% of questions posted that get no reply. i guess CrossOver isn't for me then?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVTNNOXd6bnpLc0JoS21teSIsImdkcHIiOjB9