CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Use Win Programs with multiple Users

Hey Codeweavers,

+++ Off Topic Intro ++++

First of all THANK YOU TWICE:

First, for building this wonderful Tool CrossOver, it seemed like the typical "yeah, of course, run Win Applications seamlessly on a mac without rebooting, or even switching to a virtual windows. And without a Win OS Copy... All right dream on."
But hey, it's real and works pretty easily. Great Work!

Second for keeping the lame duck promise and thus, launching an event that had such an impact (also in europe, I am from Germany) that I got to know about CrossOver. I would have had no chance of getting to know all this, and probably wouldn't have searched because I didn't think it was possible.

+++ End of Off Topic Intro ++++

Now I am obviously new to CrossOver and startet by installing Win Office 2003 on my MacBook with a fresh installation of OS X 10.4.11 . It works, it starts, and I hope it runs stable in every day office life. BUT it seems, i cant use my installe win apps with other users, than the one I installed it with. The App Icons are in the user folder. I copied them to the "all users" folder but that doesnt seem to make a difference. When starting up Word from another user account (it finde Word and launches Crossover and the Word Icon starts to hop up and down in the dock) Word doesn't start.

Is there a way to make Win Apps usable with all the users on my Mac or do I have to reinstall the Apps with the User I will be unsing most?

Greets from Germany

cnitro

PS: I am in a bit of a hurry because I am renewing my system. So if i have to reinstall everything or switch users etc. it would be helpful to know it soon. 😉

HI again!

So is there or is there no way to use installes Win Applications with different Mac Users?

Second: When Deleting a User, you delete all of "his" Win Apps too, right?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVlrSHlZWXNFVVJ0dW1uWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9