CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office XP won't install on Mac

I'm giving the trial version of Crossover a try, but can't install Office XP on my Intel Imac. It runs through the whole process and then tells me the installation failed. I have trashed all the files and reinstalled, but to no avail. Since this is the trial version, the support ticket system won't let me submit, however, if I can't get programs to work, why would I pay for it?

I know that its a shot in the dark and hesitate to post the installation log since its so large, but does anyone have a clue as to why I can't install, or any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Rich B

I finally figured it out.

Had to do all updates , i.e. IE6 & other updates prior to installing & then installed ok.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUTliRktWTktFQ3FRWmNZUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9