CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bottle Creation Failed - 1st Time attempt at install

I am one of the many, many, many, lame duck beneficiaries and I'd first like to thank the Crossover guys for the super freebie.
I'm a St. Paul MN resident currently living abroad, but when I get back to the U.S. you may have a six pack (or a case, depending on how this help goes) delivered to your doorstep.

I just fired up Crossover for the first time and am trying to install Steam.

I can't get anything to install.
I keep getting a "Bottle Creation Failed" message with the text below.

I am running my MacBook Pro (1.83GHz, 2GB RAM, Leopard) system with FileVault enabled. Is the FileVault encryption the problem?

Also... is there a way to search the forums? I don't see a search function, but it's a bit late here in Asia.

Cheers..

(Error Message Below)

Error executing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/cxbottle" --create --scope private --bottle "New Bottle-2" --install --template winxp':

OSX cxmessage standin was called.
Arguments:
-title

CrossOver Warning
-buttons
OK:0
OK
/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/share/icons/crossover.xpm
An error occurred during the Wine environment (‡íÂ) creation or update. The application or document may fail to start or open.
/Users/MYUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/New Bottle-2

wine: could not load L"C:\windows\system32\winewrapper.exe": Procedure not found
setup:error: 'rundll32 WinXPInstall crossover.inf' failed
wine: could not load L"C:\windows\system32\winewrapper.exe": Procedure not found
setup:error: 'rundll32 WinXPInstall crossover.inf' failed
cxbottle:error: unable to create the 'New Bottle-2' bottle in '/Users/MYUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/New Bottle-2'

Could be some kind of corruption. My first recommendation would be to wipe out and then re-install Crossover. Then create your winXP bottle prior to beginning the Steam install process (via the "Manage Bottles" menu).

FileVault could also be part of the problem. If re-installing and creating a bottle independent of the Install Software menu does not work, disabling FileVault would be a good next step.

Thanks Jack.
Reinstall seems to have solved that problem.

Now it's on to installing my games and seeing if they work!

Cheers.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNkV5TXFkZUVadUZTWEVuNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9