CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TF2 and c++ runtime error

hey
i just got a mac and downloaded xover games hoping to play some TF2
when i join my own server it works great, but when i join an internet game i get about 2 seconds of play and a c++ runtime error pops up.
i just have to click ok and the game crashes.

i tried changing -dxlevel
-window
-novid
-all thqt good stuff seems to work when imby myself but not on the internet

cs 1.6 plays fine with -d3d also has a few minor video glitches
DOD:S also plays fine with -dxlevel 70

any ideas? plzplzplzplzplz help

specs
Mac pro
1gb ram
ATI x1900t 512mb (also have the stock geforce card installed but the game wont run when i switch it to the other monitor)
2 x 2.66ghz

thanks,
chris

You most likely have a problem with a MOTD that crashes our HTML parser. A workaround, installing IE6, is discussed in this forum. If that's not the problem, maybe setting the Steam language to English helps.

ok ill try it
ill let you know how it turns out

i downloaded an ie6 installer and ran it in xover games and xover says that IE is already installed
i havent tried setting the language yet

well i no longer get runtime errors
instead now i can play for say 5-10 min and then all of a sudden it freezes and crashes
any ideas?

thanks,
chris

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZHNyUTdtVDhFbWdRdXRzZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9