CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

no menu in guild wars on my macbook?

I have crossove running and im trying to play guild wars on it. it works fine uploading from 0 to 100% but when the main log in menu pops up theres no menu! just little dark shades where they are supposed to be and the background. How can i fix this? sometimes when i just log in without being able to see and press enter, when i get to the character selection screen it freezes and i have to reboot completely. Any ideas? its supposed to run on macs through crossover but why isnt it working?

Can you give more information about your mac?

The better white one. 1 gig ram. i havnt changed anything on the computer. its still the same as i bought it. the graphics card im sure isnt that good, but i've seen guild wars work on other macbooks just fine.

Which graphics card do you have exactly? This is an important information because every driver behaves differently and has its own bugs unfortunately. I don't know of any bugs that break Guild Wars other than on Intel X3100 cards, and those cards improved considerably with the 10.5.3 update.

The actual performance of the card doesn't matter here, the important aspect is which card and thus driver you have.

I checked the box, and it says:

Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory

Ah yes, that card has known problems with Guild Wars. Can you try to update to MacOS 10.5.3? It fixes the worst issues, although there are still some problems with Heroes and Units left. Other people reported that it is playable now.

what about this? http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1658;forum=1;msg=34723

and im trying to install by installation cd. im using factions. and i used 'express install' instead of 'advanced install'. it didnt create a bottle, and i dont know how to add -dx8 and the other stuff to make it work better! any ideas?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUFk4U0w2TEZHaGNNUEZ0MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9