CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CX Mac printing problems

I am having some printing problems and I hope someone can help. I have the following scenario:

HP1320 printer connected to XPPro machine, shared

Mac with CX Games installed

From the mac I can print to the shared windows printer no problem. OSX sees it on the network and everything works perfectly.

When I try to print from inside CX, the printer shows up in my list of available printers, with the same name. When I select it and PRINT, the lights on the printer start blinking and then it goes into error mode and doesn't print anything. I have to reset the printer to get back.

What might be going on here?

Which applications are you trying to print from within CX games? Also, what is the name(s) of the printers in question as they appear in your list?

I have this problem printing from anything, including notepad.

The name of the printer I see is hp1320, which is the same name it appears under OSX as. But the printer is actually a network printer shared from another windows machine. I wonder if somehow the macOS bypasses CUPS to go to windows shared printers. But that doesn't make sense because I guess nothing would go to the printer at all if that were the case. Something is going there, its juts putting my printer into a tizzy. I actually had to reboot my windows machine that its being shared from and cycle the power on the printer too in order to get back to normal printing from mac, etc..

agreed - something is totally going on.

a first step (which you may have already done) is to re-install the printers and see if that changes anything. I'd also try the cups-pdf route, and see if you can print to pdf from inside CX. It would be useful to see if this works, and also you could print those pdf's from a native mac applications while trying to figure out the real culprit.

Lastly, if the problem persists, I recommend filing a support ticket so we can get more staff working on the problem.

Thanks.

Thanks. Maybe I will file a support ticket. I tried reinstalling from scratch the new CX MacPro7, same problem. Not sure how I reinstall printer. Printing from native Mac apps works fine. Anyway, I'll file a ticket, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. I have a feeling its a single character that is missing or present incorrectly in the stream going to the printer somehow.

I had the same problem with a HP 1300 Laserjet. The problem was in the PPD file, the default tray is set to manual feed, and you need to change it to tray 2 which is where the paper is.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRUNBWlZWTHRYZnlibmJhUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9