CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

System Shock 2 is... upside down?

This is a pretty strange problem. I'm trying to run a straight install of SS2. It starts up fine and the main menu loads fine. I can only use software rendering, but it seems to configure fine. Then I start up the game and... well, it's upside down. The whole game is, literally, flipped. Even the mouse is flipped - moves left for right, up for down, and so on.

Any idea what could be going wrong here? Wine's bug reports don't mention anything similar to this.

This is a MacOS bug. If an application uses PBOs and glDrawPixel to write something to the screen, the glPixelZoom and glRasterPos settings are ignored, although they should not be. Wine uses those to turn the image upside down, since we receive it upside down from the app. I have isolated this issue with a test application and filed a bug in Apple's bug tracker.

Ahhh. How very strange.

It seems like SS2 has never played well on Wine anyways, so I guess I should give up on that one.

I second this problem - 'been having this since I installed CO 7.0 (or, possibly, since update 10.5.3 - can't trace exactly as both happened to me at about the same time). In my case, 3D image is not flipped (there're lots of stray polygons looking through the walls though) - only 2D sprites (menu, inventory, HUD etc) are. Mouse is also inverted only in menu - walking around works fine.

I'd like to note that in CO 6.x (or pre-10.5.3) there was no issue with flipping image but instead, SS2 was having random crashes after about 2 minutes of playing (it seems to be cured of those hiccups in current version).

Running it on MBP 2.0 CoreDuo with the following graphics - ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c5
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

In 6.x it worked because we did not use PBOs(which are faulty here). The problem with not using PBOs is that it is pretty slow on most hardware, but I might implement a switch to disable PBOs.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlY1V1h1VzZIclRHNDdNQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9