CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Office 2007

I am evaluating Crossover 7.0 on a Mac running the latest 10.5.3 operating system.

Trying to install a corporate licensed copy of Office 2007 (copied to my Mac disksystem off a corporate server), I have gotten 90% through the install only to barf at the end with a failed install. Setup.exe craps out, offers to send a message to Microsoft (no thanks) and logs the following error in the log:

Error: Type: MsiOpenDatabase call failed.. MsiAPICallFailure ErrorCode: 87(0x57).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

John

How long did it take to get to that error? My install attempts have only gotten to about two thirds through before the program becomes unresponsive.

At first, every time the installer tried to download one of the core fonts from the crossover website it would fail, so I downloaded them manually and stuck each font .exe file in the same folder as the Office 2007 installer. That got me through the core fonts install ok. Then setup.exe runs, fails, and offers to send a log to Microsoft.

I will drag out my XP install disk at home tonite and try to bring the Crossover winxp bottle up to SP2 and then try again. I think Office 2007 may need the current service pack installed before it will load under Crossover.

Office 2007 can take a really long time to install, and it loves to hang about two thirds of the way through. I recommend sticking it out for (possibly much) long that you think is acceptable at first. Unless it truly is becoming completely unresponsive - that is another issue entirely.

@John Davidson,

Let us know if you are unsuccessful in your second attempt. We'd like to run some further tests on the corporate edition of Office 2007 to get at the root of the problem.

Thanks

I have been trying to install Office Enterprise 2007 now for over four hours. Once the wineloader and wineserver processes wnet to red (not responding) but now everything seems to run but still it's been over two hours standstill. Is this really normal?

No, this is not normal. Please be advised, the Service Packs for Office 2007 are currently unsupported and are not known to work. Please attempt to install without the service packs (this has been reported to be successful with Office Enterprise 2007).

Thank you.

I am a new customer and admit to still learning this program (which seems fairly straight forward). I am trying to install a new copy of Office Professional Plus 2007 (Student and Teacher edition) onto a MacBook Pro, 2.16 gHz w/2gb ram. I have successfully installed other windows programs but Codeweaver doesn't even recognize the installation discs for office. The superdrive makes some interesting grunts and groans and then ejects the disc.

Any suggestions? Others seem to be having a similar problem with other versions of Office so I thought I'd add my voice to the chorus.

Thanks

Jim

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3dGSDM1ZkJQRlRWSlh2MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9