CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2003 and IMAP on Mac?

I can't seem to get Outlook 2003 to work with my IMAP accounts (I've tried two different IMAP servers...). The error is "unable to connect to server"

I saw this over on the linux forum:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;mhl=34462;msg=34440

I tried installing IE6 into the bottle with Outlook - it didn't work... Any other suggestions? I do have connectivity with IE in the bottle that outlook is running in. And, I have installed the office SP3.

What else can I try?

My config: MacBook Pro (Intel), OSX 10.4.11,

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I actually finished doing exactly this just minutes ago. Here's what I did to make it work:
1) Install Office 2003
2) Install Office 2003 SP3 (Verify this in the About dialog)
3) Install IE6 in the same bottle (It didn't work until I did this)

Did you happen to install IE6 AFTER installing SP3?

I'm on CrossOver 7 on a MacBook on OS X 10.5.4.

That's what I did (at least I think I did...). I'll try it fresh.

What type of bottle did you install in? I noticed that Office 2003 wants to go in win2000 bottle, but IE6 wants to go in a win98 bottle...

Thanks!!

I used a win2000 bottle. You have to force IE6 to go in the same bottle as Office 2003. It will complain, but it's necessary and works decently regardless.

O.k. that worked for IMAP without SSL. It still doesn't work with SSL...any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYkxLdEhIcVdHTmY2QUpYNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9