CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SM3 Support

Hi,
The folks from other commercial wine derivative claims that the latest beta of their product has Shader Model 3 Support. Is Codeweavers planning to implement full SM3 support in Crossover (perhaps in the Games version) in the near future,as many(almost all)of the new games require it.

Regards,
Tanaka

PS:I saw in a wine newsletter (I am not sure)that wine has some support for SM3. EDIT: Sorry I think I posted under the wrong sub forum.

SM3 is fully supported(but there are surely bugs) in CrossOver Games 7.0. We're having major troubles with SM2/3 on Mac drivers, so it is disabled on MacOS(you can enable it, I've written about that in a few places). On Linux it is enabled by default. It works pretty well on Nvidia cards, but is rather wonky on ATI cards.

Of course your 3D card and driver has to support the necessary GL features. That means you need a Geforce 6+ or ATI radeon X1000+ with the binary drivers.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFFCeUVINHoydGVncjN2bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9