CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I've never been able to type Korean in CrossOver

I'm aware that there have been improvements to adding Korean input support in CrossOver for Mac since around 6.2.1. However, even so I've only been successful in copying/pasting Korean text in applications. So far, when I switch input to Korean and attempt to enter any Korean text into applications such as Internet Explorer or Notepad, I only see them broken - appearing as a series of ? or |.

Curiously, a handful of people have reported that they have been partially successful in entering Korean text in applications running inside CrossOver, with screenshots to prove it, but none of their instructions allow me to duplicate the behaviour.

Furthermore, with exception of Internet Explorer, apps with Korean text for menus and dialog boxes won't display Korean characters properly either - they all appear as question marks.

I'm thinking that these two problems are related, and perhaps the way I set my OS X up may be the culprit. I'm at a loss as to what to try to remedy the problem, however. Attempts to switch primary locale to Korean instead of English in International preference pane yielded no difference.

Can anyone provide me with a proper solution to this problem? It's basically the main reason I still can't switch over to CrossOver from the bulky VM solutions like Parallels.

My setup is as follows:
iMac C2D 2.8GHz with 4GB RAM (also tried Mac mini C2D 1.83GHz with 2GB RAM, but had same problem)
Mac OS X 10.5.4 (didn't solve problem when I used Tiger, either)
Primary locale - English
Input Managers enabled - English, Korean, Japanese
CrossOver for Mac 7.0.2 (made no difference using 6.x or 7.x versions, really)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibXl1cWRldVJ1S3R0MnBKUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9