CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Are ppt graphics updates meant to be this slow?

Trying out powerpoint 2003 under CrossOver v7.0.2 trial
The graphic updates per slide are so slow. Makes this an unusable option. Is this normal?

They typically aren't that bad, but on certain systems they can get really slow. When the new dib engine gets put into Wine/Crossover this problem should go away once and for all.

I suspect this is a resource issue - like lack of memory. I am seeing the same efect as if I was running on a very memory limited system. I even get the message like "system lacks resources to display correctly" occasionally if I run say word 203 and excell in the same bottle. Can the memory allocation to a bottle be changed?

Or is this the difference between the standard version and the pro version? What is downloaded if a trial is requested?

OK, I archived the bottle containing office 2003 and installed the 7 day trial version of crossover-games and then imported the office 2003 bottle. The file associations still seems to be linking to the standard crossover version - e.g. I cannot run excel using the corssover-games menu popup menu (the excel icon appears in the task bar but then disapperars) but when I start excel or powerpoint by double clicking the .ppt or the .xls file or right clikc asn use the "open with" option, the standard version of crossover runs.

The good news is that ultra the slow graphics updating is now fixed!

Still not as fast as under Fusion but now useable. Note that the crossover games does NOT need to be running - just installed it appears.

This implies the professional version is the only way to do this and that BOTH versions of crossover need to be installed ????

Update: I never tested this under the standard crossover but after the above installation, the ppt slide show suffers from no graphics update slowness at all - only in ppt editing mode is the graphic updates showing any degree of slowness.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieWEyN2JrWW1NRzRKVnhnMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9