CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unistalling Crossover Applications when your demo time has already run out.

Here's my situation.

I downloaded the CrossOver demo, used it to install games, namely Steam and downloaded/installed games via steam. I never played them for a long time. I went to play Civ and got the message that my demo time was almost up. I went back and ordered CrossOver... games, instead of CrossOver. Apparently the registrations codes do not count towards the separate programs.

I got busy at work and haven't played any games. I was looking for a way to transfer the install "bottles" from CrossOver to CrossOver Games but couldn't find any resources. So I decided I'd just have to uninstall and start anew with CrossOver Games. Except my 30 day trial has run out on CrossOver and I can't access the dumb uninstall options in the menu (they are locked by the registration menu). I'd go on how that is complete idiotic but whatever. I still have a few gigs being taken up on my MacBook pro's drive that are seemingly hidden. I've done some searching but none of the files are the size they should (a few gigs for Civ alone).

Solutions to my problem please?

You can go into Crossover Office and make archives of all the bottles there, then delete them from Crossover Office and recover that space. Then restore those archived bottles into Crossover Games and you'll be ready to go. http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-mac/advancedbottletab

Andrew Balfour wrote:

You can go into Crossover Office and make archives of all the
bottles there, then delete them from Crossover Office and recover
that space. Then restore those archived bottles into Crossover Games
and you'll be ready to go.
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-mac/advancedbottletab

Except I can't get CrossOver to run because it was a demo and the trial period has ended. It only gives you the options to Buy, Register or Quit Crossover. I can't do anything else with the options!

Edit: But thank you for the explanation on how I could bring my installs on over!

Oh, you could also move the bottles (which are really just folders) from (home)/Library/Application Support/Crossover to (home)/Library/Application Support/Crossover Games. That may or may not work, the archiving process makes Crossover redo the paths to different registry files when a bottle is moved, manually moving the directories may not update those files correctly and make Crossover Games see them.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaEFkY0xaSmVCR1RSUHJjMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9