CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't report bugs, nor post a ticket!

We the users help you iron out bugs. I have one which Tech support suggested I report. But I can't!

QUOTE:

Sorry, the ability to submit bugs is closed. We are currently not accepting bug reports at this time. If you would like to report a support issue, please use the Ticket System.
=
END QUOTE

Ok Use the Ticket System... well maybe not... my year is up and...

"Sorry, none of your entitlements are available for renewal"

QUOTE:
===
Customers that purchase CrossOver Mac will receive 12 months of Level 3 support. Larger customers (100+ licenses) receive Level 1 support, which carries a host of other benefits; please contact us directly to learn more about Level 1 support. After the free support term has expired, customers will still be able to download the latest update they were entitled to, but will not receive further updates or support.
CrossOver Mac Support Extensions
You can renew CrossOver Mac at a discounted price for an additional year for up to 30 days after its expiration date. After 30 days past expiration you will need to repurchase at full price.
=
END QUOTE

So just how am I expected to report a bug? Buy the product all over again? By being an early adopter you get pushed out into the cold very quickly.

Pah.

The bug tracker is our internal tracking system. Only CodeWeavers staff can write to it. We allow users to access it for convenience, but it is intentional that you cannot file new bugs. This is because the bug tracker is not a support system; that's what the tickets are for

The support system is for our customers only because the support is one of the extra services we offer for paying customers. If we'd allow everyone to get full support, users could download the demo, file a support request and then just use Wine. Since the software is available for free anyway, support is one of the things available to customers only.

Meanwhile, we understand the problem that people want their issues fixed before they buy. This is one of the reasons we offer the forum, so users can help themselves out, and we also reply on them as time permits. You can also open a pre-sales ticket by writing to sales@codeweavers.com. Be aware that those pre-sales ticket have a lower priority than normal tickets, so do not expect an instant reply.

I had actually bought the software, but just over a year ago. I was just getting annoyed that I was expected to buy over again without ever having filed a support ticket, to have something attended to. But that's okay now, I've calmed down! I guess we cannot expect eternal support.

Working a bit more with the software helping out another user, I am beginning to realise just what a software accomplishment Crossover really is, and in that regard, it is not an expensive piece of software at all.

I'll wait till version 7 is out and rebuy. If there are no problems in the EULA (any comment from staff on that?), I can sell on my version 6.

What might be a handy addition by Crossover staff: some preloaded bottles with say IE6 and Java and ActiveX.

It does really appear that there is no international-English currency support in version 6, as even Microsoft Excel is stuck in dollars and the US date format.

Maybe one of Staff would switch their system to another English (say UK) and see what happens to date and currency? No effect for me. However, switching language does have the effect of switching both the currency and date formats (try using German in OSX International - software in Crossover will switch to Euros)

Huw lives in the UK, so I guess he'll be aware of any issues that occur there. Huw, if you are reading this, can you state if there are any known currency / time format issues?

Regarding the bottles: we cannot ship bottles with those apps set up because we cannot redistribute them. When a user installs IE in a bottle it is downloaded from Microsoft, not from our website, so we're not redistributing IE.

As far as the EULA is concerned, I don't know the details. Jeremy White can clarify I think.

There is no problem reselling a version 6, except take care that you do not deceive the buyer - it will
come with no support or updates, and may swiftly become of much less use than a current version.

Also note that if, instead of letting it lapse, you stay current with support for CrossOver, we offer
that contract at a much nicer price than buying it anew every time.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0F1S05kaEtOVkw0cmRRZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9