CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Hello guys

hello guys i just bought crossovr i need to install microsoft visual studio 2008 pro. how can i ?? it is not supported can anyone help me?

The Microsoft .NET runtime doesn't work yet, we are working on this. I think it won't work in the about to be released non-games CrossOver 7.0 yet.

How about mono? Is mono working with CX mac or CX Games generally?

You can install the Windows mono installer. This gives you limited .NET support, but I doubt Mono allows you to run Visual Studio 2008.

Yes, I'm sure you are right. Sorry to highjack this thread with that question. I have a small little calculator app that requires .NET runtime to run and I have been wondering whether I could make it work under CX. At some point I will try to install Mono and see what happens. To the original poster, for something like Visual Studio, frankly I would reccomend you just go all the way and run Vmware or something. I find it hard to believe that you could ever get visual studio working completely at some level, regardless of whether you got .Net working or not.

Visual Studio itself isn't really the issue, we have other apps of equal complexity running, like Microsoft Office. The problem however will be developing any software using it. When you write a program in Visual Studio running in CrossOver, the program you're writing runs on CrossOver as well. Thus the app may fail to run, or you may have unpleasant surprises when you try to run the app on Windows afterwards.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmNuRW5TRnVVWk1FcWJRciIsImdkcHIiOjB9