CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ASIO drivers is really unstable

I downloaded Wineasio.dll and copied it to Crossover.

I registered it with regsvr32.

When I run my audio application it works ok for a while. But after I quit and then go back in, it can no longer load the ASIO driver.

I have to reboot my mac to get it back!

Any ideas why this happens?

I had no problems in Darwine.

Seems like this is caused by not loading JACK Pilot. Why is it required?

The Wineasio.dll is designed specifically to work with JackOSX. It does not work without JackOSX and even JackOSX will warn you that if you quit Jack while audio apps are open that have connected to jack, they might crash.

Wineasio provides low latency ASIO audio, but depends on Jack for it to work..it is basically speaking directly with jack instead of with audio hardware. If you launch your program and try to use the ASIO interface while Jack is not on, I guess unpredictable things can happen. Don't do it.

I don't know why you had no problems with this in Darwine...sorry. I haven't had any problems with wineasio under CX Games, but I haven't been using it long either. I also never start any audio apps under CX that aren't meant to work with wineasio and JackOSX, so I just make sure to start up JackPilot always.

There are ways to have the jackd server started up when you boot up the computer and JackPilot does not neccessarily need to be running in order to do that. JackOSX requires very little CPU overhead when its just sitting there doing nothing, so if you're going to be using it a lot, I reccomend you do that.

I think it was just a case of not realising I needed Jack running, sorry for the trouble!

Thanks for the information though that was helpful.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXI1d3VVeVJFM0VBRnF5WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9