CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 7.0 freezes on startup

I thought I'd give Crossover 7.0 a shot, so I installed the 30 Days Trial Version, and came across the following Problem:

I start the program, and I'm able to interact with it for seconds but then Crossover just freezes and won't react to anything. Strange thing is, it worked before. I tried to run a windows playstation emulator through crossover 7.0 but it didn't work. So i figured maybe try an older version of crossover. That also didn't do the trick so i reinstalled 7.0 and now it just doesn't work anymore, not even the older versions do.
Also, yesterday after numerous crashes, crossover did work (the only thing i changed was dragging the crossover icon to my dock and start it from there) but after that it went back to freezing again.

I'm running this on an Intel-MacBook (2core).

any ideas? thanks for your help :)

If you have any input enhacing software like the Logitec Control Center, try to disable them. Especially the LCC is known to break CrossOver(and many other apps)

well i do use a logitech moue (g5) but i never installed any logitech software. I will try to start crossover now, without the mouse plugged in. will report back in a second

okay unplugging the mouse didn't do anything. Any other suggestions?

thanks for your help!

I think you have to remove / deactivate the software rather than unplugging the mouse

as I said, there is no logitech software installed on my MacBook. In fact the one time Crossover worked, after it started freezing, the mouse was plugged in.

Oops, I missunderstood. Well, I'll ask Ken for help, he's the mac guru

Benjamin, when you say that CrossOver is freezing, do you mean the whole Mac application or just the Windows program that you're trying to use? Are you getting a spinning color-wheel cursor? Can you access any of the menus in the CrossOver menu bar along the top of the screen?

If the whole CrossOver application is freezing, then could you please collect a sample of the process? To do that, launch Activity Monitor (from /Applications/Utilities). Select CrossOver in the process list. Select Sample Process from the View menu. You can copy the sample text and paste it in this thread.

If you just want to see if you can get CrossOver working again, rather than diagnosing it, try the instructions here.

thanks for your replies guys, such outstanding support makes my eyes wet ;).

so i did the whole activity monitor thing, but the data is quite a long column of words. Is there any way to email you that text, pasting it here may be a bit excessive.

oh I forgot: yeah i get the infinite spinning circle and crossover as a whole freezes, no chance to interact with the menuselections from the top menu-bar

I tried a complete reinstall of crossover and it worked just fine. But after a few restarts of crossover it started freezing again.
I open the programm, it loads for a second (cursor turns into an "X" for a second) then i have a few seconds to interact with crossover and then it freezes, meaning i get the endlessly spinning circle and i can't interact with any menu.

what i did while it worked: set up a winxp bottle and installing a psx-emulator (ePSXe). The emulator worked perfectly but yeah, crossover just starts freezing when you restart crossover a few times.

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3pBTFlRRTNobm5KZHdQSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9