CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Run CD and DVD from compatible with Micosoft windows

I have purchased a set of Bible CD's and one DVD that have the MS Windows 98,00 XP, or Vista, and the Explorer 6.0 or higher. To use this CrossOver Software should I download the Internet Explorer and the Cross Over engine. Would those two be sufficient in downloading or running the CD's? And I also have my original XP disk too.

You will only need the Bible software and Crossover. No copy of Windows is required in Crossover and in fact there's no way to install Windows in Crossover as Crossover's a translator, not an emulator.

Visit http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search/ to search for the app you're trying to use and see if/how other people got it to run.

[quote=48]You will only need the Bible software and Crossover. No copy of Windows is required in Crossover and in fact there's no way to install Windows in Crossover as Crossover's a translator, not an emulator.

Being a newbie/neophyte to Mac, I should bring up Crossover, install he CD/DVD and it will run them? the only one I have installed is the Crossover Html engine. Use the right click bringing up the default windows 2000 showing the command line and type in run? Thanks

Insert your CD/DVD into the computer. Open Crossover, go to the Configure menu, and Install Software. Pick Install Unsupported Applications, create a new bottle, and then choose the installer file (probably a setup.exe) on the CD/DVD. Crossover will then try to run the installer application on the CD and go from there.

I inserted the disks and the dvd in order and created a new bottle each time the dvd/cd didn't need any installed the went through. The message after they were finished stated"users/dennispochron/library/application support/crossover/bottles/cd1/dosdevices/temp/unsupported log" The box stated finished. The bottle page stated that all three were ready but I don't know where they are at?

Ok, it doesn't sound like there's installers on the CDs, just the actually application .exe themselves (kind of slow running off CD like that, but whatever).

You can try running them instead by opening Crossover, go to the Programs menu, Run Command..., browse and select the application .exe on the CD in your computer. Then hit 'Save Command to Programs Menu' and hit Run. Hopefully the program on the CD will startup.

I think I finally got it to work. Downloaded to desktop. opened setupexe and ran all of the cd's on the original bottle for the first disk. Whew. Thanks for the help

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUDNucVpXZEhMbWdRaGVIayIsImdkcHIiOjB9