CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

What native libs should I add?

I just picked up CrossOver mac, am running Crossover Games for the time being since it seems to support a couple audio production apps I need to use better than crossover mac.

The question is, I have seen various references around the net about Darwine and CX about 3rd party native stuff that should be added, like IE6 (but maybe not neccessary with CX html?), core fonts, etc.. What are the things most people are installing as a general rule to make sure they can run stuff? What is the best way to get MFC libs? gdiplus.dll? For now I have just copied those libraries from my windows installation, but just wondering if there is a preferable way. And what other stuff do people tend to generally find they need to install above and beyond what is packaged with CX mac/games?

What about dot net?

Is it safe and ok, or reccomended to use the winetricks script on CX installations?

thanks

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2tROXJjSmN5ZXRadmQ2VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9