CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cant Save in Publisher 07

I installed Publisher 07 trial in Crossover, and it runs fine, but when i try to save, it crashes,

I found on the internet that replacing rpcrt4.dll fixes it, i did abut it still crashes but it doesent come up with report to M$

i did havd M$ XML 3 installed when i installed publisher, but only installed XML 6.0 like 5 min ago, would that affect anything?

Can anyone help?

opening files works fine, but saving is the problem,

also, how does one open Windows Update in Crossover?

At this time the Windows update does not work with CrossOver. Some of the service packs work with their respective programs (Service Pack 1 & 2 for Office 2003), and we are working to get one shot updates functioning. The updates for Adobe CS2 function with a bit of tinkering. But, the overall Windows update is not functional.

As far as what a programs requires to run (such as XML), if a certain version is required, it must be installed in the bottle with the program to get those features functioning.

Finally, at this time Publisher 2007 is listed as 'Honorable Mention' in our system, so we do not have the necessary information to get this program running with Crossover, perhaps posting within the forum located here would get advocate attention:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4424

A side note, you can find more information on this application at WineHQ:
http://www.winehq.org/site/search?cx=partner-pub-0971840239976722%3Aw9sqbcsxtyf&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=publisher+2007#1228

Some test results seem to indicate that once you have installed Publisher 2007 the replacement rpcrt4.dll needs to be removed, but I do not have confirmation of that helping. Good luck.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibWhZVEdWUGEzdFpBa0F6cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9