CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not Able to Use Last Version Licensed For

I am trying to use CrossOver 6.2.1. My product support expired April 4, 2008, and I have not updated (to my knowledge) since (CrossOver may have auto-updated itself however, I'm not entirely sure).

When I try to open CrossOver, and register, it says that my license support has expired, and gives me no other information.

I would like to try out newer versions, but as a customer, I want to have access to my existing license rights first. CrossOver's lack of documentation, and lack of tech support for preserving license rights, has brought me here.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I did log into my account, and it says I am licensed for CrossOver Mac 6.2.1 and CrossOver Games 7.0.0. However, when I enter my registration info (like I said above), it won't let me use them.

Edit 2: The exact error message is as follows: "Failed to download key: Your support period has expired. You are no longer entitled to product support upgrades.

Hi Christopher,

I'm sorry it wasn't clear where to ask; an email to info@codeweavers.com
would have let you pursue this in private if you would prefer.

You bought CrossOver Mac 6.0 in January; you were then entitled to each
of 6.1, 6.2 and 6.2.1 when they shipped throughout those 16 months.
In April you were also given a complimentary copy of CrossOver Games
when we introduced that product.

You should have received a notice of each upgrade, unless you unselected
that option during the purchase. Now that you've logged in again, you
can use your account to check those preferences. I recommend signing
up for our announcements; they are fairly infrequent, and in my obviously
biased opinion, quite useful.

With CrossOver Mac 6.2.1 you should not need to download a demo copy;
you can download the full version.

We may have an issue with CrossOver Games 7.0; it's possible we have a
bug which isn't letting you unlock, even though you should be able to.

It would be best if you could start a conversation by sending an
email to info@codeweavers.com so we can track that and resolve it.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Email sent.

Just to clarify to anyone else having this issue... I am having the login problem on both CrossOver Games 7.0 and CrossOver Mac 6.2.1. Neither will let me login, and yes, the downloads page does list me as licensed for both.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickpxQkFheE12TjRNMzRYcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9