CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How To Run Dot Net Application On Mac Os-Please Help Me

Hi,

I am software engineer and I am in search of those softwares which can run dotnet application on the Mac-OsX. I found that your solution allows to run microsoft application on Mac-OsX, which is great. I downloaded the trial version of the software and installed it on my Mac-OsX laptop.
Now I want to run a .msi (setup created through VS.NET 2005) which includes one executable file that invokes flash objects and makes some win32 api calls. When I am trying to run the .msi it prompts for package to select and from the provided list, I am not able to find which one to use.
I assume that Trial version does not include the feature to run .msi file and provides application to directly make calls to win32. [My Code is running fine in windows environment and it accesses the machine ID and BIOS number]
I will really appreciate if you can confirm that original version (non-trial) has the following features:

1. It is possible to run the .MSI packages of (.NET) to run using your product.
  2. It is possible that .NET exe (managed/unmanaged) file can run the same way it runs on windows OS.

I have a potential client waiting to get this type of solution and we may expect 100+ license deal also. Hope you would be selling at discounted prizes the licenses, to the customers taking bulk orders.

NB: We do not require the feature to run MS-Office or any other standard application of MS-windows. We will require your product just to comply to aforementioned requirements.

Any help in this regard will he highly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Girish
girish_ksharma@hotmail.com

.NET does not work yet, but we are working on it.

If you are interested in a large purchase, you could contact sales@codeweavers.com; We can do some specific work to get your application working quicker.

Have you tried using mono instead go to http://www.mono-project.com/

Peter

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTkg0YXhOVUx4QTk2QVp3OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9