CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

List of known apps that do NOT work?

I didn't want to do it, but I think I'm going to have to.... I think I'm going to have to run a few Windows apps on my iMac. So I've been exploring my options and I want to try Crossover first. I've seen a long list of applications that work. But is there a list of apps that are definately NOT going to work. Maybe some that may work in the future? I found the voting and pledging portion for applications. I was just thinking if there was a list of apps known not to work or those that will never work, that would be helpful. If mine are listed, I'd move to the next candidate. Know what I mean?

I guess I will grab the trial version and put it through some testing. If this works, which I'm hoping it will, then I will definately submit these applications that I use to the database. Also, if they do work, then this will make many, many more users of this software interested in your product - I have the ability to contact thousand of users (not all Mac users, but some may be contemplating the change) quickly. After all the money we put into Macs, cutters and this other software, I think Crossover will appeal to MANY. I want to get away from Windows and if I don't have to purchase a copy of the software, then I don't want to. I certainly don't want to get in to using Vista!!

FYI... The Windows apps I'm needing to run are Robomaster, Wishblade Advanced (very similar to Robomaster), WinPC and Funtime (very similar to WinPC). These are software titles used for creating files for use with digital cutters (vector images).

If anyone has any insights into any of these apps under Crossover, please let me know. I will be happy to post my experience with this as I progress through this.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1NTN3FBN0xaYlBOYWJYVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9