CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trial version of CrossOver

I am trying out Crossover for the Mac today and unless I don't understand the concept am having a devil of a time getting anything installed. First I tried to install IE 6 from their install base but get the message "Download Failed. The automatic installer download failed. Check your internet connection or selecta different installation option."

Well, my connection is fine so I went to the web and downloaded an exe file for IE 6 then used Crossover to select it and do the install from there. It has been spinning its wheels no for an hour and it still hasn't installed it.

Does it really take this long to install or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for considering my problem.

Rick

In the case of IE 6, you may have to try twice. The Microsoft servers are broken sometimes. Also if you need a proxy to connect to the internet, make sure it is configured properly in the bottle settings

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1hWSFpUYVI3dDVyTlpUYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9