CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install other application

Hi,

I'm trying to install my own application: it is a very simple application made in embarcadero and the msi is done with advanceInstaller.
I'm using the latest version of crossover and 10.10.4 version of mac os.
Everything seems to work fine during installation steps but when I try to run the application it crashes saying: "FairPlay descryption failed on binary".
Can you help with this issue ?

PS: I tried with other applications like notepad++ or heidysql and they are installed and running correct.

Thank you,
Geanni

I can't say much about the error message as it seems to come from the Installer. The term "FairPlay" in the error sounds suspiciously like Apple's DRM system though. Is this software in some way related to iTunes or QuickTime?

It should not have anything related to iTunes. It is just a simple hello world application: a window with a button. I can attach the exe if anybody interested :).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3k1QUx5SFFlOExiR2Z1MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9