CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Brady workstation

Hi all, I have some software for a industrial printer, and I cannot for the life of me get it to install, well, it seems to install and says it has installed but no icons and no files anywhere referencing the application. I am wondering if someone can give me some assistance, perhaps I am missing a step.

The software is Brady workstation which is a small download from here http://workstation.bradyid.com I am using Crossover on Mac (Yosemite)

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Damien K

If that printer is not recognized/working on OS X then it won't work at all. With or without that software. CrossOver can't use Windows drivers. The other issue is that it requires .NET. And while the required version can be installed from CrossOver, the installation of Brady Workstation does not seem to work. Programs requiring .NET are problematic with CrossOver :/

Maybe this would be a better solution:
https://www.peninsula-group.com/mac-thermal-printer-driver/

They seem to have a 30 day demo available.

Thanks Silviu I will give that a try, if I install that driver will that work with crossover then?

Cheers,
Damien K

The application Brady Workstation will still not work. Maybe some other labeling software would.

TBH, this type of what I call "Win(dows) printers" have always gotten on my nerves. In future, I would look for PCL labeling printers. This way you won't be tied to a certain platform, at least as far as the printer is concerned.

The other solution would be to create a VM of the machine where this printer was installed on and worked and use that. I assume it uses a USB interface. Even VirtualBox can do USB passthrough

Vendor lock-in sucks :/

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaGhGdkxza1loWlV3eVo4WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9