CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Upgrade files dialog keeps popping up

The first time I run Cross Over after a boot I get the dialog box telling me that Cross Over needs to upgrade my files.

I even deleted all of the bottles and created new bottles. Any advice on what might be the problem?

Usually this is because you have one or more copies of different versions of Crossover on your machine, and as each different version launches it re-upgrades the bottles. Search your computer and make sure you only have one copy of Crossover on your machine. Launch that, upgrade, and then you shouldn't get upgrade notifications on subsequent launches.

I only see the one.

There maybe a permissions issue somewhere. I had to have (for reason known only to the support guy) my system wiped and an OS re-install. In the process, I ended up with a different UID. To bring Crossover back from my Time Machine backup, I had to manually change the folder ownerships. At the time I wanted to save several bottles because I was in a hurry.

At this point I would abandon the bottles and re-install the 2 windows applications of interest to me.

What do I need to delete to start completely fresh?

Thanks,

The easiest way is to follow our tutorial located here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/uninstall

If this persists, please open a Support Ticket.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNng4R2NkSmZHcTZ3VFpUUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9