CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Having problem with Windows chm help file

I have a help file with a chm extension that doesn't work properly in either a Windows XP or Windows 7 bottle. The left pane, table of ontents, works, but the right pane, the page contents, is blank except for the page title. Is there any setting change I have to make to get chm files working? Thanks.

I know this is late, but in Windows you need to right click the file, go to properties and tick UNBLOCK. Then pages will display. If on Mac I don't know where but the same must be applied.

Thanks, Donald. I read about unlocking a chm file in Windows but haven't figured out how to do it in CrossOver. I haven't found a solution yet, but I plan to solve this in two steps.

First, I want to display the chm file using a Mac app, not a Windows app. I installed CHM Reader from hewbo.com for this purpose. The app works fine to display the chm file when I double click on the chm file in Finder. But I don't know how to launch a Mac app from my Windows program running in CrossOver/Wine. Once I get this working I'll move on to step 2.

Step two involves creating an Apple Help Book. I'm considering using Simple Help Editor from BKeeney Software. Once I get it running from a simple XCode application I will want to be able to launch is from my Windows program running in CrossOver/Wine, for instance, in response to pressing F1.

I would appreciate it (and so would other developers trying to port an application from Windows to OS X using CrossOver) if anyone can shed some light on how to launch a Mac app or how to launch Apple Help from a Windows program running in CrossOver/Wine.

Thanks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidTdQeHdMRlB5ZUg4YXNYYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9