CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC problem

so it runs fine until I get to point where the kid has to say his name. Then screen goes black and nothing happens after that. Any help wouldbe appreciated

Having never even heard of this game, the only question that comes to mind is if this would go to a cut scene?

If it is a cut scene, there might be some video playback issue.

There are ways to dig deeper, but I don't have much of an idea where the problem lies. Have you tried a support ticket?

just looked at a lets play video and yes it does go to a cutscene so that must be the issue. Installed direct x into it so that cant be the issue.

ok so went to setup and disabled movies and it works!

Using the "bottle action menu", you should try to navigate to the game's folder. From there, it would help if you could find the format for the files via their extension. I know there are a few formats out there that cause problems, none that I can remember off the top, but we can figure that out later, just as if there's something we can do about it.

Using a little google-fu will be the next step once the video format is known. Of course, this is you want the videos back.

its an .avi file but its no big deal as their is only one movie at very beginning. I would like to get the neverwinter nights movies to work though which are .blk and I have no idea what would play those.

blk is a bink video file. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I don't have much experience with bink (or the Mac, I'm a Linux geek), so unless someone pops by this thread, you might want to open a support ticket as maybe the devs have a solution.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzJNYllUeGdackc1WTQ0WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9