CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Mac, Steam, BeamNG.drive & xbox 360 wired controller

I am running BeamNG.drive (beta 0.4.x) through Crossover on a Windows XP bottle of Steam on a 2015 iMac. Have any other Mac users been successful in getting the game to recognise an xbox 360 wired controller? When I go to "Controls" in the game it shows two controllers - the keyboard and the xbox controller - but only the keyboard actually works. None of the buttons on the controller elicit any response from the game. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I suspect that playing with the controller is going to be infinitely more enjoyable.

Many thanks for your advice and suggestions!

I too have this question. I have been looking for a few days now, and so far have only found various fixes for linux, but not mac.

I might be wrong, but it is my understanding that this isn't a Crossover issue. Joystick support is at the OS level, and Crossover takes over from that. There is xbox 360 controller support on Windows and Linux (which is community driven), but for as far as I know, OSX hasn't received any kind love in that department.

Unless someone actually takes the time to write a driver for OSX, you can forget about getting it to run. Crossover isn't a driver collection, and for as far as I know, Codeweavers have never written a single driver. And before you ask, no, it probably won't work to use windows drivers.

Obviously it isn't impossible, but writing drivers isn't something you hear about often in the Mac camp...

Well I have gotten Crossover to respond to my Xbox360 controller. Alas it does not seem to work with every game I have using Crossover (yet). I used a driver from this site http://tattiebogle.net/ which is free. It works for me when I use my Xbox360 wireless receiver and steam without crossover (mac client). Anyways using the driver allows Mac use with the X360 so its only a matter of getting Crossover to interface correctly.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUXhNZVA2ZUx4aFluc244RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9