CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error 4-404 (Everquest Launchpad) Daybreaker games

Hello,

I have recently tried to install Everquest using Crossover which seemed to go smoothly until I tried to load the launch pad. i came across an error saying
"Launch Pad was unable to connect please check the network connection or try again later. I researched this problem and it seems there is a lot of people talking about a bugged Launcher which is to do with Daybreaker.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fix-for-the-4-404-error-with-launchpad.214344/

There is a lot of solutions such as resetting your Internet options, but for people running Windows as their main platform.
Has anyone managed to overcome this problem using crossover? I just get stuck at the launch pad.

Thank you.

Hi Mark did you ever resolve this issue? I have just had the same thing occur. At the moment I am bypassing the launch pad and running the game directly from the .exe file but I won't be able to download any patches so I definitely need a fix.

The launch pad seems to be problematic. Does anyone know if there is any way to just reinstall the launch pad part of Everquest II without reinstalling the entire game?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidkpBM2VwOEJQVzZ3dFFlciIsImdkcHIiOjB9