CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Space Issues

Hello,

I have a macbook pro, running yosemite 10.10.4, 250g SSD.

I downloaded and installed the CrossOver trial version to try Star Wars: The Old Republic. At the time, I had approx. 35gb of free space; the game website said it had a file size of 25gb. I successful installed CrossOver, then the game, but the game had to download patches which took up the remainder of my free space and weren't able to complete.

I had to force quit the game and CrossOver, and I decided to remove the program until I could get an external hard drive to make more room.

The problem: After removing all the files I could find, instead of returning to 35gb of free space, I only have 2gb.
I used this page to ensure I deleted all the appropriate files: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOfficeMacRemoval
Is there another location where maybe the SWTOR files are?

The SWOTOR files should all be in (your home folder)/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/(SWOTOR Bottle Name). You can also launch Crossover, click the Bottles button in the top-left of the main window, select the SWOTOR bottle, and under the gear menu choose Delete to remove it.

Hi

Did you end up being able to install it on a external hard drive? if so could u tell me how?

Hi,

Are you using steam? Because if you are, you need to delete local content! Then it will restore your space to 35GB. To do this simply right click on the game and press on delete local content. Then you can easily just reinstall the game by typing the games name into the search bar thingy and pressing install! Hope that this works for you 😀 !
By the way, did you remove the game from your crossover menu? Like when you launch crossover it shows that games and apps and stuff, but is there still the star wars game? Just to clarify, thanks!
Best Regards,

Mike

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXJ0NmtVaHNCcW1WQmFFcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9