CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bottles get stuck

I use Crossover for playing older Windows games, I haven't played any of the games in a while, but found a really good one (SWAT 4) a few days ago from GoG.com

Now however Crossover is starting to cause trouble. The game works fine (Or as well as it can, that is not the issue here), but when I have had the game closed, to then return to it later, the game gets stuck. It won't start, so I force quit it. Crossover won't load the control panels for any bottles, until I have restarted my Mac, which is no picnic, Crossover can't be quit, it just keeps shutting down bottles, and getting nowhere. I have to force quit it, and then when I restart my Mac, it wont complete the shutdown, I have to cut power the hard way.

I am running an outdated (But otherwise well working) version 15 of crossover. I have tried starting over (removing all bottles and files) and installed the trial of version 17, but face the very same problem. So have returned to version 15, and removed everything and started over. Still a problem.

I can start a game once, but at the second time, CrossOver gets difficult.
My Mac is a 5K 27" iMac (late 2015) with an Intel Core i5, 16 GB ram and an SSD drive, it is running macOS High Sierra.

Anyone got any ideas?

Glenn,

Did you recently upgraded to High Sierra and did the problem start after that? Please send in a ticket to our support so we can help address this. info@codeweavers.com

I upgraded my Mac about 1-2 weeks after the release of High Sierra. I'll contact support.

I think I'm facing the same problem. I updated macOS to High Sierra a few days ago and reinstalled Crossover—I deleted Crossover and Crossover-related directories that I found in my home directory. So I think it counts as a clean install

I managed to install a few applications, but now I can't create any new bottle as it always gets stuck. Previously created bottles stopped running. When I trying to shut them down they also get stuck.

We have just released CrossOver 17.1 for macOS and Linux, which includes a fix for this High Sierra issue. If you have an active CrossOver 17 license and CrossOver 17 broke with High Sierra, contact info@codeweavers.com and we will upgrade you for FREE. If you have a license that includes the upgrade, please go here and log in to access the installer, or contact our support team if you need further help.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHViZnd5R2J5ZFRHbXJKUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9