CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Invisible Command Prompt

One application I use has an option to shell to the Command Prompt, but that appears to be a no-op when running in CrossOver. Further testing indicates that if a specific action command is sent to the command prompt (such as REN or ERASE), that action is in fact accomplished, but other commands such as PAUSE (which waits for any key) return immediately. In no case does a Command Prompt window appear.

Then I tried creating a link directly to the bottle's version of windows\system32\cmd.exe through Run Command, which sometimes opens the Command Prompt window, but sometimes is a no-op. The saved command in a Launcher for CMD.EXE never seems to do anything.

Running WINECONSOLE CMD seems to always open a Command Prompt, except when saved in a Launcher.

I'd appreciate any advice how to get CMD.EXE to open reliably.

Then I tried creating a link directly to the bottle's version of windows\system32\cmd.exe through Run Command, which sometimes opens the Command Prompt window, but sometimes is a no-op. The saved command in a Launcher for CMD.EXE never seems to do anything.

I think you have found a bug on our end there. I am filing a bug with our internal bug tracker on the matter.

One application I use has an option to shell to the Command Prompt, but that appears to be a no-op when running in CrossOver. Further testing indicates that if a specific action command is sent to the command prompt (such as REN or ERASE), that action is in fact accomplished, but other commands such as PAUSE (which waits for any key) return immediately. In no case does a Command Prompt window appear.

I don't have any suggestions about this, but hopefully someone else can chime in.

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEdhUm00NjhTSE1WSGdzeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9