CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Mac - Are upgrades necessary for MacOS or app compatibility

Hello,

Looking at the pricing for licensing ($40 for no updates vs $500 for all updates) it looks like updates are a big part of the product.
Question is: Are updates mostly intended to make new apps compatible with Crossover or to have Crossover work on new versions of MacOS ?
So let's say I have an app Notepad.exe that I know runs on current version of Crossover. Do I even need updates if I'm not planning to update Notepad.exe ?
If I update MacOS to a new version, will my old Notepad.exe stop working ?
About how many OS updates will CrossOver retain compatibility with ? Ex: Someone who bought CrossOver single-version 4 years ago, can they still run it on El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave or would you need to update after some point ?
What should I expect if I buy the single version license (in the context of OS updates) ?

Thanks!

Hi Jon

Keep in mind that we also offer a $60 version that offers 1 year of support and upgrades and has the option to renew at 50% once that year expires https://www.codeweavers.com/store/pricing

If your application works on the current version of Crossover and macOS then you may not need to upgrade Crossover at all. We do try and support as many versions of macOS with Crossover as we can and you can see what versions work on each release here https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/requirements

Thanks
Vince

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUozTks3bmFSMnBlZ1VXcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9