CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Money

I don't think many people use MS Money anymore, but my records go WAY back to the 90s.

CrossWeavers allowed me to move my MS Money records to a MacBook Pro many years ago.

Now, with the arrival of Catalina's 64-bit requirement, yesterday's CrossWeaver 19 release has allowed me to go to Catalina OS and still use MS Money A-OK.

Thankyou CrossWeavers 😊

Hi,

I tried to install MS Money 2000 with CrossOver on my MacPro 13" (2018) with macOS Catalina.
Unfortunately I was not able to install the Software from the CD-Drive.
The application is not listed.
Has somebody a hint?
[image=/Users/fkonermann/Desktop/Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-09 um 19.59.46.png]

It looks like MS Money is listed as "Microsoft Money" in our database. That may be why you couldn't find it listed :)

Thanks,
Anna

I try to install MS Money 99/2000 and fail. The setup-program doesn't start.

I've tried it with different bottles from XP to Win10. I've added the CrossOver-HTML Library.

Does anybody have a hint what I can do to fix this issue please?

My configuration:
macOS Big Sur/11.0.1
CrossOver Version 20.0.2 (20.0.2.33166)
MS Money 99/2000

I think the error with MS Money 99 or 2000 might be because the installer is a 16 bit application. I just tried to install MS Money 99 into a new bottle and checking the CrossOver install log shows an error complaining about "winevdm.exe" not being found. If I'm not mistaken CrossOver no longer supports 16 bit apps since macOS Catalina, as per https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general?t=27;msg=222890#c3

Not sure if this helps, but I used to run MS Money 99 under CrossOver and about 8 years ago migrated to MS Money 2005 (international edition). I have been running it successfully under CrossOver on my Mac ever since. I found that originally to get MS Money 2005 working under CrossOver I had to install ie6 via winetricks from a shell in the bottle otherwise the MS Money password prompt to open my file would not appear. I've also found that after each update to CrossOver ie6 needs to be reinstalled via winetricks from a shell within the bottle. There are a few glitches here and there but overall it works pretty well. There might be a way to get MS Money 2005 working without ie6 but I've not tried.

Converting your MS Money 99 .mny file can be done by MS Money 2005. I used a VM running Windows XP with both MS Money 99 and MS Money 2005 installed to do the conversion of my .mny file. After that I was able to switch back to using MS Money 2005 running under CrossOver on my Mac with the newly converted file.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0Vuc1ZWbW5YTkdITUczWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9