CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Clipboard works weird

Hello, i got some problems with the clipboard since updated to CrossOver 20.
Copy from Windows App and paste it into Mac App: WORKS
Copy from Mac App and paste into Windows App: Clipboard not updated, it shows the text copied before from windows...

Anyone have this problem too? in crossover 19 works perfect!

Thanks!

Hi there -

I'm able to duplicate your findings in one specific scenario only. Specifically, I am using TextEdit on Mac and Notepad++ on Windows. In terms of how one can copy/paste:
Command-C/V works both ways.
Hitting trackpad with two fingers works both ways.
Right clicking with mouse works both ways.
Using the Edit menu works both ways.

I do see that hitting CTRL and clicking the trackpad does not register in Windows but that's the only thing that's not working for me, and it's not duplicating what you are experiencing precisely either, since you said you were getting previously copied content instead. Also, I find the same to be true in CrossOver 19. Can you provide more specific information about what applications you're using and how you're copying & pasting? Thanks for testing and letting us know!

Samantha

I'm having the same issue, and I updated to v.20 yesterday. I'm running Crossover on a MacOS 10.15.7, and I'm trying to paste into my bottle running Sparx' Enterprise Architect v15.2. I tried copying text from Google Chrome, and from Microsoft Word for Mac, into one of the notes fields in a block in my MBSE model on Enterprise Architect. Please note that I am able to copy text from the bottle to the Mac, but not the other way around which is what I actually need.

I have tried all of the following methods of copying and pasting without any success:

• Right click on Copy on Chrome, and right click to paste in Enterprise Architect
  • Control+C on Chrome, and Control+V on Enterprise Architect
  • Cmd+C on Chrome, and Control+V on Enterprise Architect.
  • Cmd+C on Chrome, and Cmd+V on Enterprise Architect.

In Crossover v19, I normally used Cmd+C on Chrome, and Control+V because it always worked reliably. Please help because this poses a significant challenge in allowing me to use Enterprise Architect efficiently on a Mac.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFg0Skw0SnZCeTdOeXVhYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9