CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

M1 Mac and Team Fortress 2

Hi all, I have seen a working video of Team Fortress 2 running on the M1 Apple Silicon here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJzo3TNVOT0

I've got my CrossOver 20 running on my M1 MacBook Air - however when I try to run Team Fortress 2, I can easily get through the menus. However when it comes to loading an actual map, it only loads around 90% of the way and then hangs.

Similarly when running Half-Life 2, the game runs very well but there is a major texture flickering issue when the camera moves, does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Hi,
Exciting to hear you are trying out TF2! Here are some things to try:

1) Do you have DXVK turned on? If you right click on the bottle, under Settings there is a toggle for DXVK.

2) Are you running CrossOver 20.0.2, not 20.0.0? There was a graphics fix for TF2 specifically in 20.0.1.

I made the video. You need CrossOver 20.0.2 and Big Sur 11.1 Beta. It was a regular install using the Steam bottle from our GUI. I did enable the "DXVK Backend" option from the settings menu. No further tweaks were made. I will say, due to the Voodoo that is Rosetta 2, it may lockup. It did for me. I had to "Force Quit" the bottle a few times before getting a clean run.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZmZ5Y25XS2ZFVjdoMktiQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9