CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 20 - Big Sur - Steam Issue

More than half the times, when I try to start Steam (using Crossover 20 on Big Sur) I see my user ID on the Log In screen but I cannot get the cursor to allow me to enter my password. Only way is to completely shut down Steam and then Crossover and then (sometimes) the log in will work properly. (I also have a separate install of Steam to run natively under Big Sur to play Mac games and that has no issue with the log in screen - so I assume it is something to do with the Crossover installation. And yes, I have deleted Steam and reinstalled it under Crossover with the same results.).
Also, when I go to the Store in Steam, the screen never opens properly. Constantly flickering to the point you can't read or click on anything in the Store. Though Steam does open my Library properly.

Hi there,

The cursor issue is a known one, and I filed a bug to track it. It can usually be fixed by using your mouse to move the window slightly - this always allows me to begin typing. I've also heard that minimizing then maximizing the login window can fix it.

The issue with the store flickering is a new one. We also have a bug filed for this, but we believe this behavior started with the Black Friday promotions, and we hope that it will be resolved soon when the promotions end.

Thanks,
Meredith

Well perhaps it was the Black Friday issue because yesterday (Tuesday) I did not have the issue of the flickering screen and it is not happening now.
And I read about the sign in issue and will try that. Thanks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV1NxOEdUem1lZ3JzczZHeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9