CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Solasta - Steam Bottle - M1 Mac - missing characters models but game run "well"

Hi guys, I have managed to install and use some game through crossover, in a Steam bottle I installed DXVK and DirectX for modern games, then I installed some games that worked well Disgaea 5, Pathfinder (just to try the difference with the native version), then I installed Solasta, a new D&D5 game, recently released, the game start but in the main page I don't see the "picture" there is a black screen, but I can use the menu without problem, I can start the game and playing it, the Weird thing is that I cannot see my character, I don't see it while playing (I just see the green round, when it is selected) and I don't see the characters in the initial video. Do you have some Idea? I think the game is made with unity, I don't know if there is something that I can install in the bottle to help the game work as intended.

thank you in advance

I've got the same issue: Crossover: 21.0.0.33720
On a 16" M1 Max.
Character models don't show, but accessories like weapons and shields sometimes do.

Interestingly this exact problem affects Gloomhaven. Most of the dungeon looks great, but Characters (and some doors) just fail to be drawn.
I've tried with and without DXVK, same issue for both games.

I don't have any of these games, so I can't test. But I'd like both of you to try again with a new bottle and don't install DirectX NOR DXVK. Just move the game folder over to the new bottle, so it won't get accidentally installed by the game itself.

Let me know if that helps. And yes, I've encountered weird things on my M1 MacBook Air even with older Mac games, where there are quite some graphic glitches (Psychonauts I).

Same problem, 2019 MacBook Pro, Monterey 12.4, Crossover 21.1

Character models are not visible, neither in the opening tavern cinematic nor for the single character in prison at start of game. In inventory, weapons and shields are visible, but not the character holding them. I tried the suggestion of a new bottle (Windows 10 64-bit) without installing software, copying over the game directory. No change.

New character portraits are offscreen to the bottom during character creation (seems to be a camera position problem, I can see the top of a quarterstaff and move it around).

These issues are caused by the lack of geometry shaders and transform feedback in MoltenVK.

Geometry shaders should be getting implemented for Metal3 capable hardware but that may not be ready in upstream before CX22. Transform feedback can already be implemented in Metal2 but hasn’t been done as of yet.

Thank you for the explanation.

There is another issue, not important but sort of weird:

I tried playing the game for a while with no character models. It is "playable" but since you can't see any MOBs or characters even in cinematics, it both is less engaging and much harder. You have to mouse over NPCs to find them, and in battle there is a red ring.

Anyway, I started off with a party of one created character and 3 prerolled. The created character, as I said, had a portrait that was offscreen to the bottom. The prerolled started off with visible portraits. But they disappeared one at a time after playing a while. Not all at once. The portraits are still there in old saves.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3BRWW5VaHVhVDhUNTkzSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9