CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New World - Anybody Looking At It Yet?

Just wondering whether anybody has attempted to install and play New World yet. Apparently it requires Windows 10 and DirectX 12, and at least with defaults has a pretty heavy graphics load.

Given the issues they've had with server capacity at launch I'm going to wait to try it if I attempt it at all, but I'm just wondering whether anybody else has taken the leap?

Delegator wrote:

Just wondering whether anybody has attempted to install and play New
World yet. Apparently it requires Windows 10 and DirectX 12, and at
least with defaults has a pretty heavy graphics load.

Given the issues they've had with server capacity at launch I'm
going to wait to try it if I attempt it at all, but I'm just
wondering whether anybody else has taken the leap?

Currently can't run DirectX12 on macOS.

New World is using directx 11 and not 12! Even if it says 12 in the specs. But it uses directx 11 and I managed to start and run new world on my m1 macbook air 16GB memory.
The only issue I get is a graphic glitch with the gras on the character screen.
Once I click connect to start playing, it tries to start easy anti cheat which fails to run.

This is the current point how far I get it working.

Any clue how or when we get easy anticheat to run with crossover? I think the new world developers have to opt-in to the easy anticheat new proton/wine support. The just have to enable the support for it and I think then it will run.

Maybe its possible to swap the easy anticheat which is installed in the bottle with an wine/proton enabled (already opt-in) one?

If the game really uses DirectX11 that’s a different story, I was going off your comment that mentions DirectX12. Graphical glitches is more lightly the lack of transform feedback and other features in MoltenVK.

Anti-cheat support needs to be enabled by developer yes, however it can still detect the platform it’s been ran from so the game would still know your running on macOS via wine and could refuse to run.

Also Proton had a lot of the syscall work already included unlike CrossOver, not even sure when we’ll start to see that get into a CX release but hoping that doesn’t happen until upstream 32-on-64 lands to few up developers time with the CX 32on74 hacks.

I was basing the DirectX 12 thing on the published system requirements:

https://www.amazongames.com/en-us/support/new-world/articles/new-world-system-requirements

I've seen that Epic Anti-Cheat now supports Mac and Linux:

https://dev.epicgames.com/en-US/news/epic-online-services-launches-anti-cheat-support-for-linux-mac-and-steam-deck

and that specifically mentions Wine as possible. But I suppose it's up to Amazon to decide whether they want to allow it, or whether they want to ignore 10-15% of the market.

Any luck on this? Have an M1 max on the way and loving new world

It needs the game studio to support Easy Anti-Cheat on Mac in order for this to work. Until they announce that, it seems not worth the time to try. Same for Linux.

So as you can see in this video the game does run, but won't connect because of the anti-cheat

https://youtu.be/Bi2hWyEbzT4?t=78

I really hope this changes soon

They added EAC for linux a while back. I've been playing on Linux for a while. Trying to get it running on M1 Mac today and running into the EAC init failure. Wondering how to get the proton EAC runtime to run through crossover? wouldn't that work?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidUFxdW1idHJQZXZYWkc3MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9